Friday, April 9, 2010

Wild Dog Adventures

This is Fire Dancer. He was the first wild dog my mom and I saw while visiting the zoo. We rode the carousel. I rode a deer and my mom rode a ram.
This is a coyote. A coyote is a kind of wild dog.
A coyote was found at my school! Mr.Johnson had to tell the principal. Animal control had to come and take the coyote away. I think he ended up in a zoo like this one.

We also went hiking and ran into this animal life enclosure. They had the Red Wolves.
This wolf did not pay any attention to us until we started making sounds and pretending to have food. He came right over and was a little mad we didn't have anything for him.

These horses were trying to find shade.
I wanted to pet the horse but I get a little nervous around them. They are so big and I don't know what they are going to do next. My mom showed me how to let the horse smell my hand first...to get used to me. Then if his ears are forward its ok to try to pet him.
This horse was very friendly and he wanted me to pet him. He put his head over the fence for me to pet him but I got too freaked out. His head is HUGE! Maybe next time I will be able to pet him with more than one finger...maybe even ride him one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment